The Bay of Plenty Branch of NZARM is holding a regional workshop on Friday 19 and Saturday 20 April over one and a half days. The regional workshop would focus on the riparian protection work undertaken at Lake Rotoehu, and also on wetland management work undertaken by Willy Shaw of Wildland Consultants.
Friday 19 April 2002:
Venue: At Environment B.O.P Offices in Whakatane
- 9.30am Morning Tea
- 10.00am Start Regional Workshop
Presentations given by a range of fascinating speakers for 2 hours.
- 12.30 Lunch
- 1.15pm Leave for field trip to Lake Rotoehu
- Inspect riparian retirement work at Matawhaura Maori Lands Trust
Various speakers on site:
- Range of topics covering planting regimes, fence lines, archaeological/historic sites
- Involvement of various parties; three local schools, Nga Whenua Rahui, FRI, DOC, TFI, Rotorua District Council etc.
- Overview of Environmental Plan approach
- 5.30pm Arrive back in Whakatane
- 6.30pm Dinner at Whakatane Sports Fishing Club
Saturday 20 April 2002:
- 8.30am Field trip to view wetland management, Willy Shaw (Wildland Consultants)
- 12.30pm Lunch and finish
Numbers are limited to 50 and preference will be given to financial NZARM members. First in, first served. Costs are still being worked out.
Contact Pam Crabbe for registration details and accommodation and travel options. 0800 368 267 or email Pam at firstname.lastname@example.org